Corner cabinet for kitchen sink - a modern and convenient option for any apartment. According to statistics, in the kitchen we spend quite a lot of time to take care of its landscaping frivolously. In addition, it is important that the room was furnished not only beautifully and stylishly, but also competently from a functional point of view.
- Advantages and disadvantages of the corner cupboard for washing
- Variants of a corner cabinet
- Options for using a curbstone under the sink
- Competent organization of space inside the cabinet
- Curbstones with closed facades
- To fit everything
- Dimensions of the corner cabinet
When kitchen planning special attention should be paid to arrangement of the sink and thumbs beneath it. As a rule, to save space in the small modern kitchens the sink is placed in the corner. In this case, the question arises about the choice and installation of a corner cabinet.
- 1 Advantages and disadvantages of the corner cupboard for washing
- 2 Variants of a corner cabinet
- 3 Options for using a curbstone under the sink
- 4 Competent organization of space inside the cabinet
- 5 Curbstones with closed facades
- 6 To fit everything
- 7 Corner cupboard under the sink in the kitchen: dimensions
Advantages and disadvantages of the corner cupboard for washing
Having decided on the corner sink and the curb, you get several advantages:
- Significant savings in space: with competent editing you can use literally every centimeter rationally. In this case, do not lose in the design: the appearance of this design can be stylish and original. Do not lose you and the usability of the design.
- High degree of functionality. Due to its ergonomics in such a pedestal you can easily place all the things necessary in the household.
- Improved practicality and a high level of comfort. This is especially true for L-shaped models. In this case, you can easily find all the necessary items, because the range of visibility will increase. This is achieved due to the fact that the inside of the box is better viewed when the door is opened. If you have chosen a trapezoidal shape, it ideally accommodates rotating "trailers". In this case, if you pull the handle, several boxes will "leave" you at once.
- Presence of modern storage systems, allowing maximum it is convenient to arrange the technique, household chemicals, etc.
Considering the merits of angular structures, one can not but note their shortcomings. Among which, it should be noted that the narrow angular curbstone It can contain only a small container for garbage. This is inconvenient for a large family. In addition, such structures are considered less reliable than direct pedestals. Similar models are more prone to breaking. Another disadvantage can be considered a higher price.
Knowing all the pros and cons of the angular structures, you can competently make a choice.
Variants of a corner cabinet
Considering a variant with a corner cabinet, you should choose between its two main varieties:
- with a right angle;
- with a bevelled angle.
The cabinet with a right angle basically has two doors. And recently, so-called double cabinets are becoming more popular. On closer examination, you might think that these are two separate cabinets. But with the extension of the design, it turns out to be a spacious storage for various trifles. The withdrawable systems have been in great demand recently. Their mechanism allows you to "roll out" the whole system of drawers and shelves.
A curbstone with a beveled corner is considered even more practical. However, many may not like its excessively massive appearance. Since it is problematic to reach its remote corners, it is necessary to choose the right filling. Modern housewives are increasingly choosing a "roundabout", which holds a large number of necessary items in everyday life.
Options for using a curbstone under the sink
The angular arrangement of the pedestal can be somewhat inconvenient, however, there are many options for the functional use of this model. In most cases, a corner pedestal kitchen sink (photo) is used to store the bin. This is understandable and practical. However, in recent years, due to the growing general concern with environmental problems, special containers with compartments for storing different sorts of waste - paper, glass, organics - are becoming increasingly popular.
However, many families underestimate the possibility of a corner cabinet. Instead of a bucket for garbage, you can store there other necessary items. So, this place is ideal for the location of technology. For example, among useful technology can be identified:
- shredder for food waste;
- water heater modest in size;
- water purification system.
The curbstone under the sink perfectly suits for the location of household chemicals - in this case they will always be at hand. This is especially true for those housewives who arranged a washing machine in the kitchen. In this case, powders and conditioners for linen are ideally placed under the sink.
Very convenient in the economy and withdrawable elements, which greatly simplify the way of life. Pay attention to the angular washing cabinet made by IKEA.
Competent organization of space inside the cabinet
Basically, corner cupboards are used to save space. Therefore, it is important to observe the principle of ergonomics and in the organization of space within a given structure.
Among the alternative options for using the "insides" of the cabinet are the following:
- storage of animal feed;
- warehousing of vegetables (especially potatoes);
- placement of overalls.
All these things can be stored at the same time, if you use the principle of ergonomics correctly. For this purpose special constructions are designed. All the necessary things, for example, it is convenient to place on open shelves, located directly under the sink. It can be beautifully arranged on it decorative dishes and fashionable designer gizmos: candles, figurines, pots etc.
A convenient modern place for storing small things is the sliding compartments under the curbstone. Their presence will transfer your kitchen into the elite category.
Advice! The main thing when placing drawers - to focus on the location of building and communication systems.
This option has a significant advantage over analogues - the ergonomics of the organization of space inside the cabinet. What is achieved due to the lack of need to climb into the box with your head in search of the necessary thing. In addition, this method of storage is optimal for placing large items.
Curbstones with closed facades
However, the most common option for storage is closed facades: in fact in this case you will be able to place more than necessary items, and besides, you do not have to constantly maintain in the pedestal the perfect order. In this case, you will avoid visual clutter of space.
It should be borne in mind that it is desirable to dilute the dull monolithic DSP-shnye facades stained glass and decorative glass. This will significantly refresh the design, make it easier. The main advantage of blind structures is their resistance to damage, as well as ease of maintenance.
To fit everything
Despite all the ergonomic abilities of the corner pedestals, there is one way to more optimally organize the storage space. To do this, we recommend to make a cube under the order. In this case, will take into account all the features of your kitchen and all the wishes. Of course, a suitable corner cabinet for the kitchen under the sink can be bought at the appropriate store, but in this case all details will not be taken into account.
To create the most harmonious background, you can use the following tricks:
- Install the hinged door at the top nightstands. This space is ideal for storing sponges, detergents and other household chemicals. These items are best placed in specially designed containers.
- Attach narrow doors to the inside of the door shelves. They will help you when storing small kitchen utensils that are needed daily.
- Use the hidden drawers from the eyes of the miniature drawers. They are suitable for placing kitchen towels, detergents.
Finally, a modern kitchen solution will be the use of a combined pedestal. This design is suitable for convenient storage of objects, cutlery and other trifles. It uses both open and closed boxes. It is necessary to have a folding container, as well as various sections.
These tricks will also help to disguise the various necessary items located inside the kitchen.
Corner cupboard under the sink in the kitchen: dimensions
Corner curbstones for the kitchen under the sink, as a rule, have a size of 900 mm by 900 mm. This pedestal is not only roomy, but also stable.
Such dimensions are suitable for the following types of pedestals:
- Cabinet with side external walls measuring 520 mm. The inner walls are 450 mm in size. The bottom of the module is hexagonal. The frame has no rear wall and shelves.
- Cabinet with side external walls measuring 520 mm. The internal walls are 838 and 854 mm in size. The bottom is pentagonal. The drawback of the model is that it is necessary to cut out the place for the water supply.
The modern corner cube under the sink in the kitchen you can buy inexpensively in the online store. However, if you order individually, you will get the design most suitable for your kitchen.