Selection sofa in the apartment Is not an easy task. Before shopping, the prospective buyer studies the information on the Internet, asks the acquaintances, tries to determine which mechanism is best and which manufacturer should be trusted. After that, a model is selected, which is the most suitable for a particular case in terms of ergonomics, appearance and price. But these criteria are not important when choosing a sofa, the main thing is that it is durable and easy to use! If the degree of strength of a particular model depends on the materials of which it was made and on the frequency of operation of the sofa, the convenience of using it is associated with the availability of additional functionalities, such as storage box.
- Types of sofas with storage compartment
- What do you need to know when choosing?
The fact that folding sofas often used as the main place, is known to all. This is more due not to the financial capabilities of the buyer, but to the limited space available indoors. But not everyone knows and understands that the presence of a box under such a sofa completely eliminates the issue of storing things that in small apartments is quite acute.
Sofa bed with a box for laundry and storage of things - this is an affordable alternative to a full bed, which allows you to save the space saved during the use of the box for other, no less important purposes. Such models:
- multifunctional and comfortable in daily use;
- allow you to organize the space as comfortable as possible and make it neat, cozy for life;
- equipped with linen drawers, which can be used both for its intended purpose and as an additional storage compartment, for example, seasonal things, shoes, books, toys, etc .;
- suitable for premises of different purposes: in one-room apartment they not only save space, but also allow zonify the room, and in children's rooms - to free space for games and not to clutter the room with massive furniture;
- fit in any interior;
- practical, because they allow you to organize simultaneously a place for both rest and full sleep;
- are simple transformation system.
In a word, a sofa with a box for laundry is a practical purchase, which will appeal to fans of free spaces and fans minimalistic interiors.
Types of sofas with storage compartment
A box for storing bed linens and things can be equipped with a variety of sofa models, which, depending on the type, differ by the mechanism of transformation and the features of access to the boxes. From mechanism of transformation directly depends on what will be the box itself - retractable or opening. At the same time, the sliding compartments are not an element of the design of the sofa itself, so when the box is damaged it is easy to replace or repair it yourself.
The most common types of folding sofas-beds with storage boxes are:
- "Book" and "eurobook". Due to the design features, such models have a more spacious and deep laundry box than the one that is installed in other sofas, or at once several storage compartments. The storage system becomes available only when the seat is raised or forwarded.
- Click-clack. A storage box in these sofas becomes available when the seat is raised.
- "Accordion". In such models, the box is in the front of the sofa and usually occupies only half the width of the seat.
- "Dolphin" has a small compartment or is not equipped at all.
- The withdrawable. In this model of the sofa, the niche opens when the front section extends forward.
It should be noted that it was the sofas with roll-out mechanism and the presence of a box for storing laundry became one of the most popular and popular models folding furniture. They are compact in the folded form, they can easily be installed both in the center of the room and in its corner, and in the expanded form form a straight line mattress without depressions and protrusions, which provides increased comfort during sleep and rest.
Remember! Drawout models sofas with drawers for laundry in the unfolded form become lower than they were in assembled form. But thanks to the fact that their armrests and backrests remain in the same place after unfolding, the sleeping place turns out to be deep and cozy.
Pretty popular are also considered soft corners, in which only the long part of the sofa rolls out. They are equipped with several storage boxes, which significantly increases their functionality and user-friendliness, makes it possible to use the available space more rationally, but they require a more spacious room.
What you need to know when choosing a sofa with a drawer?
Most of the budget models of sofas, presented in the modern market, are equipped with drawers for laundry. But, as a rule, all these models are either single or one-and-a-half, their compartments for storage are mobile and are not connected with the design of the sofa itself.
Double beds, equipped niche for linen, additionally equipped lifting gear, so-called gas lift, which makes it possible to lift the bed mattress to a comfortable height.
Important! This is really necessary and convenient, because the weight of the mattress is usually 20 kg and manually raise it very hard. In addition, in such models, the laundry box is part of the design of the sofa itself and serves as a support for the seat.
When choosing a sofa with a storage compartment, you should pay attention to the quality of the box itself. So, it should be:
- with a smooth inner surface and without burrs;
- with a strong bottom;
- large enough and deep;
- simple in cleaning;
- preferably laminated.
In such a box to keep their belongings safely: they do not cover with mold, do not get an unpleasant smell, do not tear and break the bottom with their weight.