Empire in the interior - a style direction, the formation of which began in the nineteenth century. The homeland of this style is France in the time of Napoleon the First, in this age the principle of powerful royal power, embodied by empire, begins to be laid.
- Features of style
- What principles should be taken into account?
- Decor in the Empire style
- How to realize the style in a modern interior?
- What do the professionals advise?
Interesting! A distinctive feature of this direction from all others is the combination of elements of several cultures. This is manifested in the harmony of classical attributes with luxury items, motifs Egyptian design, as well as military symbols (swords, gold-plated helmets, etc.).
Features of style
Empire - style, which was to demonstrate the power of Napoleon, not only as a great conqueror, but also as the king of a whole power - France. Despite the seeming bombast, the style combines simplicity and coldness. Laconic forms are so well in harmony with the pride that Empire is widely used for the interior of the offices of officials, employees and, of course, for decorating living rooms.
Today, this style is widely used in design interiors of restaurants, hotels, palaces, where marriages and wedding ceremonies, theaters and residences take place. This is due to the ability of the style to combine luxury and rigor at the same time.
What applies to the main attributes of style ?:
- Columns - are necessarily decorated with stucco molding;
- Furniture should be massive, while it is important to observe the condition - the lack of roundness;
- High canopies;
- Dear curtains.
The main material of the interior in this direction is mahogany and other species. Stucco molding, as you can see in the photo, is one of the main attributes.
What principles should be taken into account?
The basic principles for decorating an empire: the goal of its realization is a demonstration of self-sufficiency and sublimity. It is characterized by order and harmony, therefore one of the important conditions for its implementation is strict symmetry, which can be traced in the photo.
The room, performed in this style, must be decorated with attributes of past years, symbols of greatness (for example, crossed swords, stucco molding).
In the color scheme, saturated bright colors predominate, giving the room a great luxury and triumph, which can be traced in the photo.
The style of Empire in the interior necessarily includes the use of mirrors. In the nineteenth century, when huge halls were designed in this style, the mirrors made them visually even more. They were located everywhere - above the beds, tables, near the doors, etc.
Some mistakenly believe that the Empire style in the interior can not be used for everyday decoration. This is not so, because the style involves decorating the living rooms, which you can see in the photo.
Unfortunately, it is not used so often, the reason for which is its high cost. In addition, it is a noble style with the use of stucco, in which it is difficult to provide comfort.
What do you need to consider when implementing a style?
- There must necessarily be monumental forms, including stucco molding;
- Like most luxury-based destinations, Empire style is decorated with decor - accessories and souvenirs in abundance should decorate the room;
- Mandatory use of bronze elements, moreover, it is desirable that they are located on furniture. How attractive they look can be seen in the photo;
- Application of massive curtains.
Decor in the Empire style
Decoration is an obligatory stage, without which empire can not be considered complete. Elements that can transform the interior include gilding on furniture, the presence of frescoes, light ceilings, which are decorated with stucco. A distinctive feature is the use in the design of images of heads of different representatives of the animal world. To some extent, this is a symbol of military action.
Experts advise the use of images or statuettes of lions, sphinxes, eagles and other brave animals and birds in the interior. It is believed that they embody the spirit of war, courage and victory. It is important that they can be found everywhere, including door handles and furniture.
Registration in this direction may include the use of legionnaire signs on which are depicted spears, shields and weapons.
Interesting moments in the design, which must be taken into account in order to achieve greater compliance:
- The backs of the chairs must have the shape of a lyre;
- Beds in this direction are usually performed in the form of a boat;
- Curtains can be any color, the main thing is that they correspond to the overall design
Empire style is an amazing style, because it combines the severity of classics and luxurious decoration. This feature can be seen in the photo.
How to realize the style in a modern interior?
To realize the Empire style in a modern interior it is necessary to use jewelry made of metal, draperies, impressive paintings in an expensive framework and, of course, wall carpets. It is necessary to keep clear forms and originality in the implementation of the finish. In this case, you need to show ingenuity - for example, wallpaper can be replaced with a tissue base. To make the style harmonious, you can make lampshades from the same fabric.
As already mentioned, the furniture should be massive. Excellent if it will have a rectangular shape and will be low. Often used leather items of furniture, complemented by lamps with lampshades, made of fabric.
What do the professionals advise?
Embodiment of Empire style in reality is not an easy task, therefore it is difficult to do it yourself. It is recommended to use specialized help to avoid mistakes, but to get the desired result.
In any case, it is necessary to take into account the advice of professional designers:
- Do not be afraid to experiment with decorating - its excess will once again emphasize luxury and wealth;
- On one product, gold-plated and bronze pads can not be used simultaneously - this indicates the lack of taste of the owner of the room;
- It is recommended that the furniture be a classic dark or pastel shade. Do not exclude the use of leather elements and furnishings of mahogany.
With all the recommendations you can recreate the Empire style in any room!